Based in Alwarpet, Chennai
Nov/Dec 2019 Newsletter
Note: Items 1-4 would occur in Chennai.
Items 7-9 could occur in Chennai or via Zoom videoconference.
1) Certificate Course on "Expressive Arts Therapy (including Storytelling Therapy)". Presented by the East West Center for Counselling and Training (with whom the WSI often collaborates). Expressive Arts Therapy uses a wide variety of arts, in combination.
21 Dec 2019, to 19 April 2020. Sats and Suns. (20 sessions over 10 weekends.) 9:30am-4pm.
The Course Poster is at
Additional info about the Course is at
2) Storytelling by and for Adults. Open-mic. Monday 2nd Dec. 6pm. Cafe Coffee Day Square, on Khader Nawaz Khan Road. Nungambakkam. Topic: Storytelling in relation to photos, drawings, paintings, and (small) sculptures. If you might like, please bring one of the above and tell a story in relation to it (up to 10 minutes per teller).
Additional info about this event is at http://storytellinginstitute.org/#CCD .
3) "Using Stories and Storytelling to overcome Depression": A Workshop for adults. Sun 8th Dec. 10am-1pm. To be conducted by Dr Eric. Co-presented with the East West Center for Counselling and Training.
The Workshop Poster is at http://storytellinginstitute.org/8Dec2019.jpg .
Additional info about the Workshop is at http://storytellinginstitute.org/789.html .
4) "Creating and Enacting Stories Collaboratively". Wed 18 Dec. 10am-12:30pm. To be conducted by Dr Eric. Co-presented with the East West Center for Counselling and Training.
Additional info about the Workshop is at
5) "Getting the Story Right: How Some Wounds are Finally Healing", a recent article mentioning Dr Eric's work with Storytelling for Counselling and Coaching,
6) "31 Folktales about Strong and Clever Girls and Women", edited and re-written by Dr Eric, http://storytellinginstitute.org/31.html .
7) "Creative Writing" Coaching.
For teenagers and adults. In-person (in Alwarpet, Chennai) or via Zoom videoconference.
For details, please see http://storytellinginstitute.org/22cw.html .
8) "Storytelling in Business Communication". Workshops and other services.
For details, please see
9) Psychological Counselling, and/or Life Coaching (utilising Storytelling Therapy methods), one-on-one. Offered by Dr Eric. 8 weekly 60-minute sessions. For adults. In-person (in Alwarpet, Chennai) or via Zoom videoconference. In the process of undergoing Counselling and/or Coaching utilising Storytelling Therapy methods, clients could also receive training regarding these methods.
For additional info, please see http://storytellinginstitute.org/Counselling.pdf .
This is the Storytelling Therapy method being used: http://storytellinginstitute.org/216.html .
Other writings by Dr Eric regarding Storytelling Therapy are at
World Storytelling Institute
World Storyteling Institute's website,
WSI Director Dr Eric's website,